Best Gaming Speakers
The features of any game cannot be fully enjoyed if the sound is not good. We all know how the sound effects impact your gaming experience, because this is one of the most important factors in some games.
It is important to invest in a solid set of gaming speakers that can capture the smallest sounds such as the sound of footsteps and even whisper to the grandest sound effects such as explosions. These speakers are not only for gaming, but these can also be used for movies and TV shows too.
The Best Gaming Speakers in 2018
One of the reasons why some people purchased Logitech Z906 is not only because of the volume, but also the quality surround sound that comes with it. It has really powerful sound which is very suitable for theater systems at home (in addition to gaming). What people love about this is that it wasn’t only made for desktop computers, but also for a home theater design.
- 5.1 Dolby digital surround sound
- It can connect up to 6 sources of audio such as computer, music player, recording devices, and gaming consoles
- It converts the signals from the stereo into 3D quality
- It has a subwoofer with 165 watts with compact speakers
- Very powerful speakers that fill up any room size
- A remote control is included
- It has clear and crisp 3D digital surround sound
- Has several volume controls including the master volume control and specific settings for each speaker which masterfully separates the audio effects created
- It is well designed, the wires, for example, have the right length: the back speakers have longer wires than the front.
- THX certified
- Can capture sounds no matter how small – such as steps in video games
- Pricier than other options
- It has 30 wattages with 2.1 speakers
- 20 kHz to 50Hz frequency
- Compact speakers with remote control
- With headphone output jack
- Has 3.5 mm AUX input to redirect audio from the gaming system
- The speakers have a shielding that is magnetic which is for stereo separation and for clear audio
- Its 5.25 inch subwoofer has a power pro bass driver with a cabinet made of wood and operates using 62 watts as its peak power.
- It has a very easy to use remote control or control pod
- Clear and crisp speaker sounds
- The fact that the subwoofer is wood makes it very conducive in creating clear sounds
- The control pad with an aux port, headphone out, on or off switch, bass and volume controls
- Good satellite speaker separation with long wires
- Speakers are really highly capable not only for gaming but also for movies and music
- Affordable yet of high quality
- Convenient to use for desktop computers
- The design is a bit flimsy, it easily tumbles when poked a bit
- Might not go well with volume over 75%
- The sound may not impress audio critics as compared with more expensive models
Creative is a well-known speaker company that is known to comply with the THX certification requirements. Lots of users are happy with the cinematic audio it produces as it boasts of its 1000 wattage. This company has been known to produce quality yet affordable sound systems, sound cards, and chips. They emphasize the importance of the quality of the sound being produced by their speakers than the aesthetic appeal.
- It has 2.1 satellite speakers
- 3.5 mm wires from the rear speakers
- Small satellite footprint for easy placing
- It has an overall wattage of 1000 peak power
- It’s 7.2 inch subwoofer accommodates 165 watts
- Each dynamic speaker has 65 wattage
- 5.1 Dolby digital surround sound system with DTS encoding
- Features a dual slot enclosure with a functional port tube within an enclosure
- Affordable for a 2.1 set-up
- Good quality
- Amazing bass quality
- Design looks cheap
You are likely already familiar with the PC products by Genius. Over the years, this company has been growing well – especially with gaming products. For a set of affordable gaming speakers, the Genius SW-G2.1 2000 is really good. However, their subwoofer is not that strong as they crack up when pushed beyond 60% volume. This system is made for gaming which explains its awesome design. The subwoofer has 2 satellites and it has knobs for volume and bass control. Although Genius SW-G2.1 2000 is made for gaming, it can also provide a great movie or music experience because it also works well with music players, TV, and gaming consoles. However, you need to utilize an external DAC with it if you want to blast the music up to avoid distortion.
- The speakers have 45 wattage which is enough to have good video, music or gaming experience
- 3.5 mm wire connection for microphones, headphones and input
- Power subwoofer with two satellites
- Provides a 3D experience that allows you to hear even the slightest rustle
- It doesn’t have static at all
- With built-in LED lighting, every time there’s an explosion, the lights flare up which brings another element to your gaming.
- AB amp speakers
- The quality of the sound it produces is alright as it matches the price
- The speakers are magnetically shielded topped up with an amazing design
- Allows aux and mic connections through jacks, it also has a port for headphones and an RCA stereo input
- For effective separation, this product has a crossover. This means that the subwoofer and the satellite speakers are isolated electrically.
- Speakers never had any distortion
- It is not very durable because it is actually made of plastic instead of metal
- The scones of the satellite don’t have some sort of protection
- The bass may crack at 70% volume
- May not have clear audio with high frequency sounds
Bose is another popular company because of the high quality speakers they have been producing since 1964. Because of their top of the line audio products, it can be expected that the price would be high. The Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speakers have a bigger size than normal speakers but are liked because of their minimalistic style. It simply delivers what the audiophiles want. Even though it doesn’t have a subwoofer, the speakers still deliver quality bass sound clearly. If you think that having a subwoofer is bulky then this is the right set of speakers to have. However, having a subwoofer will still make a huge difference in delivering bass.
- It has an AUX input as well as a jack for headphones
- A powerful set of gaming speakers
- Additional accessory speakers
- It has an audio input cable accompanied with a small plug
- Cable for speakers
- AC power pack included
- A lot of reviews praised its minimal design which can be used anywhere
- Perfect sound quality, as expected of Bose
- Great for those who don’t need a subwoofer
- Pricier than a regular set of speakers
- Lower bass can be achieved but it does not pair with subwoofer
Make sure that you follow the right things to consider such as adding in a sound card or an amplifier to attain the best gaming experience. Having an amplifier will act as a filter to not include any static that is unnecessary.
The best gaming speakers do not only provide a sophisticated sound quality but these also give a realistic account of the game. Hopefully this list is a huge help to you while you choose the right gaming speakers.
Gaming Speakers Buying Guide
An ideal sound system for your games is possible as long as you know the features that make up the best gaming speakers. This will improve your gaming experience and take your excitement up a notch. Games that have the latest sound technologies and surround audio will require a decent set of gaming speakers. An ideal audio system has the ability to make any sound audible for example the combination sounds of the gaming keyboard and mouse will immensely improve your chances to win in a gaming competition.
Budget is, of course, the first thing you should consider when shopping for the best gaming speakers. It would not be good to spend more than you can on a set of speakers and not having the money to spend on your basic needs. That is a shopping disaster you should avoid. But that doesn’t mean that you should settle for less if you have low finances, what I want to emphasize is that you should be able to find the right product that is worth your money. There are plenty of gaming speakers out there that have good quality and have affordable if not reasonable prices. The cost of quality gaming speakers may range from $30 to $300.
When looking for the best gaming speakers, it is always a good idea to shop for a subwoofer first. Some might say it is not necessary but having a subwoofer can greatly enhance the quality of the sound.
Wattage is another aspect to check when choosing a speaker for gaming. To expect a better audio quality, you should choose a set of speakers that are powerful. Powerful speakers have greater wattage. A set of gaming speakers with better wattage will produce clear and crisp sound effects.
Examine the specifications of the speakers you are attracted to. It should have deep bass, crisp trebles and enough volume to fill the room. There is a reason why labels on boxes exist: for us to read the specs which the product has. The main specifications that you should examine are the frequency, subwoofer, and power.
1. Check if it has a 2.1 digital surround system, this means that it has both satellite speakers and a subwoofer. Notice the digits, if the speaker has a subwoofer it will show 0.1 on the label. But also consider the digits before the decimal point, it shows the number of satellite speakers utilized so it is better to choose 2.1 or 5.1 systems.
2. The basic requirement for a great set should have two satellite speakers which is shown as 2.1 on the description. But the most is 7.1 which can be used for bigger rooms and larger setups. However expect that the greater the amount of satellite speakers, the pricier it will be.
3. It is better of the system has an advanced surround system like it can deliver even an exceeding number of 5 channels even if it is 2.1 or 5.1.
A sound bar is what the name implies, it is a set of speakers in a shape of a bar that can be used for television sets, computer systems or even a sound room. This is a new technology of compact speakers that create powerful sound and even a surround system. If you would prefer a soundbar, choose those that have 5.1 surround sound but you will still need to have a subwoofer with it. It is common to purchase a sound bar that is wireless and a wireless subwoofer as well today because of the convenience and the quality of the sound. However soundbars may have the downside of being not as powerful as the best gaming speakers.
Consider the environment in which you are going to use your speakers. Digital surround sound works well with a closed space while a bigger satellite speaker number is good for the outdoor area. If you try a 7.1 setup in a small space there will be annoying and unnecessary static and echo. This means that you should check the range and separation of each speaker. Separation means the distance needed for the speakers to avoid static from building up. 2.1 set-up speakers have the smallest separation levels but those which have greater satellite speakers will require more space.
Why Not Headphones?
Now that you know that things to consider before buying a set of gaming speakers, let us also consider the reason why speakers are better than headphones. Although headphones have their advantages like allowing you to focus well on the task, it can harm your ears when used in the long term. Moreover, headphones have smaller drivers compared to speakers that have bigger drivers. Having bigger drivers is an advantage because it will produce a better imaging quality.
On the other hand, headphones are suitable for games that have multiple players because of the microphone included in the headset, making it easier to interact with other gamers. Speakers, on the other hand, are appropriate for games that are for single shooters or solo games and even general gaming.
The verdict would be to just have both: the best gaming speakers and the best gaming headphones.
Game creators intend to add some specific audio that may not be heard well if the wrong gaming speaker is used. Why am I making this a big deal? It’s because I believe that your hard earned money should not be wasted away on low-quality gaming speakers. There are many best gaming speakers out there for you to select from and save you from the hassle. So it is a great decision of yours to read on and know the best gaming speakers to choose from.